Worried about Coronavirus? You’re not alone!
We have been practicing universal precautions at our office for many decades, and have been following every recommendation by the ADA and CDC, but we’re taking that even further now, to ensure your safety!
So, what are we doing to keep you safe while you are in our care?
- We screen everyone before appointments to make sure that you are feeling well before you come in.
- Non-patients are asked to stay in their car.
- We regularly check temperatures of each team member and patient.
- We have N95 Face masks, eye protection or face shields, gloves, and disposable gowns are worn by the clinical team.
- We use a pre-rinse that kills the virus and bacteria present in your mouth for 2 hours.
- For procedures that cause aerosols, we use a rubber dam that keeps everything from going down your throat, and has high suction to keep the aerosols from leaving the immediate area, cutting down the risk to anyone else.
- Every instrument goes through a detailed sterilization process of rinsing, ultrasonic rinsing, and heat sterilization in a bag.
- We run weekly spore tests on our sterilizers to make sure they are able to kill the toughest organisms known to medical science – every single week.
- We are constantly wiping down any high touched surface – including door knobs, countertops, light switches, pens, drawer pulls, etc.
- Our disinfectant kills the virus in 30 seconds and our UV light kills the virus in seconds without the need for chemicals.
- We have a very advanced air purification system in the office. It was developed by NASA and is called Air Scrubber Plus. It eliminates virtually all contaminates from the air and on surfaces, including bacteria and viruses. Because of this high air flow, we recommend you bring a sweater or light jacket when you come to our office.
If you had an appointment scheduled during our closure, we will be reaching out to you to get your appointment rescheduled. If we’ve already rescheduled your appointment, we’ll be reaching out to confirm your appointment and advise you of some new protocols we’ve put in place to ensure you and our dental team are protected. We encourage everyone in our community to continue to take steps to minimize the spread of the virus, as dictated by the CDC.
If you have a question about an upcoming appointment, please contact us. We look forward to seeing you again in the practice!
Welcome Back ❤
Dr. Talaber and Team
Step-by-step guide for patients who come into the office
- Pre-screening all patients as we confirm appointments and prior to entering the building.
- Social distancing – by asking you to remain in your car until we text or call you we are ready for your appointment.
- Masked, gowned and gloved dental assistant/hygienistwill meet you at the front door and welcome you to our office.
- Upon entering the office, you’ll be asked to sanitize your hands.
- The assistant/hygienist will take your temperature and escort you back to the operatory.
- If your paperwork was not completed online, then the assistant will give you the paperwork to fill out and sign. The sterile pen will be used by each patient.
- The assistant or hygienist will do the patient interview and take the necessary x-rays.
- The masked and gowned doctor or hygienist will come in the room and put on his/her gloves and provides any necessary treatment.